readreinier- premedical student: life outside the lecture hall...guaranteed

See how a portion of my brain works as I spill out my insights, emotions, ideas, accounts, and randomness into this creative writing outlet.


Tuesday, April 6, 2010

So What Was This Sh*t Year?

I find it hard to recount the Year of The Crap. From what I remember, it all started after finals week during Spring/ Summer 2009. Some details that are worth remembering...


-No summer break- I studied for the MCAT right after finals week Spring semester. Started working at the VA Medical Center as a volunteer research assistant for The Laboratory of GI Injury and Cancer. Took The Berkeley Review MCAT Prep course.


-MCAT August 25th. Crash and burned. Took the exam with chills, fever, and a cold. Voila. A fucking 28.


-Started Fall Semester 2009 the Monday after. What transpired in between the MCAT and Monday? Las Vegas. Couldn't remember most of what happened over there. All I know is that it involved binge drinking.


-Rest of the semester- stress, burnout, death by biochem II, genetics, neurobiology, ecology. GPA dropped down to a 3.8. Dammit. There goes my bid for Summa cum laude.


-Winter break: SLEEP. WORK. CHILL.


-This semester: we'll see.

No comments:

Followers